Monday, May 9, 2011

I heard the most alarming thing on Friday afternoon.

"What is this? This is so freaky and weird."
"Yeah, I know, it's sort of scary"

Now, I would have expected this from unaware observers as we paraded around in black and wailing. But no, I heard this from people walking by the quad as we PLAYED! I had no idea that sidewalk chalk and streamers were so terrifying.

But overall. I think people appreciated it. I had several people tell me that they didn't realize how little they played. Or that the play that they engaged in was play with rules and regulations and not the free, fulfilling play that they needed. I think we opened up some eyes. Sure, there were flaws in the performance. But I want to congratulate us. Even if we only reached 30 people, hopefully we have inspired them to share the message of play with others. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment